For several months the students of Reyes de Barrio (RDB) have been away from the fields, but the more than 300 children and adolescents have continued their sports training online during the pandemic. However, during the second semester the courts will once again welcome the little soccer players.
Reyes de Barrio is a sports program that belongs to the training area of Fundación Luksic, which seeks through participation in free soccer schools to contribute to the social and educational integration of children, and to promote physical activity and healthy eating. There are currently 12 schools in operation in the Metropolitan Region and new quotas have already been opened to receive more athletes on the fields starting in August.
“With a lot of energy and enthusiasm we want to invite all the families and children of Reyes de Barrio to get ready because on August 2nd we will return to training in person. Our team has been preparing to comply with all the sanitary measures, but also to organize a second semester that will be unforgettable. Let’s take advantage of this opportunity to play sports, learn to eat healthily and make new friends”, said Carlos Albornoz, director of the Reyes de Barrio program of Fundación Luksic”.
With the objective that each student finds in the Reyes de Barrio schools a unique place that motivates him or her to excel academically and personally, the program has opened a new application process.
Registrations will be made through an online form hosted on the website www.reyesdebarrio.cl, which will be available until August 9 at 12:00 noon. In addition, those interested may attend in person in the following municipalities:
Starting Wednesday, July 12:
– Peñalolén: Mondays and Wednesdays from 17:00 to 19:00 hours.
– La Pintana: Wednesday and Friday from 17:00 to 19:00 hours.
From Tuesday, July 20:
– El Bosque – Los Sueños: Tuesday from 16:00 to 17:30 hours.
– El Bosque – Lo Blanco: Wednesday from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
– La Reina: Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
– La Florida: Thursday 17:00 to 19:00 hours.
As of August 2nd:
– Pudahuel: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 17:00 to 19:00 hours.
– Cerro Navia: Wednesday and Friday from 17:00 to 19:00 hours.
– Lo Prado: Tuesday and Thursday from 17:00 to 19:00 hours.
– Renca: Wednesday and Friday from 16:30 to 18:30.
– Independencia: Monday and Friday from 16:00 to 18:00 hours.
– Estación Central: Tuesday and Thursday from 17:00 to 19:00 hours.
The requirements to apply are: to be enrolled in a free educational establishment, to live in the commune where the selected school operates and to be born between 2010 and 2013.
If the children and adolescents meet the conditions, the parent or guardian must complete the following online application form. Then, the Reyes de Barrio team will contact the person directly. If accepted, they will be informed of the days and times of training for each school.
It is important to emphasize that the in-person development of the Reyes de Barrio trainings will be carried out following the protocols established by the Ministry of Health. In case there are changes in the Government’s Step by Step Plan, the operation of the courts will be notified in advance, always having as a priority the safety of all those who participate in Reyes de Barrio.
More details of the health protocols here.